Skimlinks Test 7

Monday, January 23, 2017

Soft Pretzel Bites with Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce




I have a real "soft" spot for soft pretzels!  Get it?  I know...I'm hilarious.  I could be convinced to do anything when soft pretzels are involved.  I would not survive in the CIA if they tempted me with a warm pretzels.  Man, those secrets would not be safe with me!

Seriously, these are my weakness.  Warm, soft, buttery bread is so comforting to me.  Just the smell makes me melt.  Making these with my girls was such a test of my patience.  Waiting for them to come out of the oven was SO HARD!


Maybe I have mentioned this before, but I love warm comfort foods.  While others may want to dig into a tub of ice cream when they're stressed, I would rather dive into an apple crisp or shove about 3 of these little bites into my mouth at once.

I love the ease of these little bites. I found this great recipe but thought I would adapt it to make them easy to pack in school lunches or as an afternoon snack.  My girls had a great time rolling the balls of dough, so it was a real team effort! If you don't have self-rising flour, you can always follow my recipe for making your own!


If you love dipping your pretzels in mustard, you will love my Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce!  It's sweet and tangy which is perfect with the warm, salty pretzel bites!


yield: 3-4 dozenprint recipe

Soft Pretzel Bites with Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce

prep time: 45 MINScook time: total time: 45 mins
Eat your heart out Auntie Anne's! Make your own super soft and chewy pretzel bites right at home!

INGREDIENTS:

Dough
  • 1 1/2 cups warm water
  • 1 Tbsp. yeast
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 cups bread flour
  • 2 cups self-rising flour or make your own
Dipping Solution
  • 3 cups hot water
  • 1/2 cup baking soda
Topping
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • sea salt, coarse
  • cinnamon & sugar
Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce
  • 5 Tbsp. maple syrup
  • 3 Tbsp. yellow mustard
  • 2 Tbsp. vinegar

INSTRUCTIONS:

To make the pretzels:
  1. Mix yeast and warm water. Let rest 2 minutes. Add sugar until dissolved.
  2. Sift flours into yeast mixture. Mix with dough attachment until a ball forms. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
  3. Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees. Cut dough into bite size pieces, roll into balls, if desired. Dip pieces in water/baking soda solution, lay on parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
  4. Bake 4-6 minutes until deep golden brown.
  5. Dip in melted butter and add topping.
Mustard Dipping Sauce
  1. Whisk together all ingredients. Store in fridge in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Created using The Recipes Generator



Pin Image

What's your favorite comfort food?

Thanks for reading!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some love and comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...