Skimlinks Test 7

Monday, November 7, 2016

DIY Instant Oatmeal

Oats and Scoop

This recipe is probably the easiest I've ever tried and you'll never want to buy those sugar-filled packets from the store again!  


It's so much cheaper and a lot healthier too!

It's great when I can find a recipe that has literally 1 ingredient in it. 1...uno...one.  I mean, how simple is that!?  Oats. Bam!

Here are some of my favorite add-ins to bring it to a whole other level:
  • Maple syrup and chopped pecans
  • Freeze dried fruits like strawberries or blueberries (Strawberries & cream, anyone?!!)
  • Brown sugar and cinnamon
It's really up to you the amounts you like to add!


Oats in a bowl

A simple toast in the oven, a quick pulse in the food processor and you're good to go!


yield: about 6 servingsprint recipe

DIY Instant Oatmeal

prep time: cook time: 15 MINStotal time: 15 mins
A healthy, homemade version of the staple "instant" breakfast option.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
Optional stir-ins
  • Maple syrup and pecans
  • Freeze-dried fruits and honey
  • Brown sugar and cinnamon

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Spread oats on a rimmed baking sheet.
  3. Bake until lightly toasted but not browned, about 15 minutes.
  4. Let cool then pulse in food processor or coffee grinder until coarsely chopped. About 2-3 pulses.
  5. Portion desired amount into heat-proof bowl and stir in favorite ingredients (if desired).
  6. Stir-in warm milk or boiling water until desired consistency is reached. Let stand 2-3 minutes.
Created using The Recipes Generator

What is your favorite oatmeal stir-in?  

Thanks for reading!  As always, follow me on Facebook & Instagram!

Carol

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! I am a peaches and cream gal, but have recently enjoyed adding strawberries or blueberries to my steel cut oatmeal. I am happy to have found a faster solution to oatmeal! My kiddos love blueberries in theirs (like Daniel Tiger) and my husband is a maple syrup and brown sugar guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peaches and cream too!! But I am so glad there is a healthier version!

    ReplyDelete

Share some love and comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...