Skimlinks Test 7

Friday, September 2, 2011

Lemon Icebox Pie


As the Summer season is wrapping up, I thought I would share one last recipe that is cool and refreshing before turning to those warm, comforting dishes for the Fall!  This recipe is one of my favorites and I absolutely love to whip it up for guests.  They are always surprised by just how simple and delicious it is!  It is one of those pies that makes you want to literally lick the plate clean when you are done.  I actually think my daughter did that the last time I made it....owell for good table manners!


Lemon Icebox Pie

1 graham cracker crust (pre-made or you can make your own)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
few drops yellow food coloring (enough to make it light yellow)
8 oz. tub Cool-whip

Stir together the milk, lemon juice, and yellow food coloring.  Once well combined, fold in 1 cup of the Cool-whip.  Pour into the graham cracker crust, cover, and refrigerate for 3 hours.  Once the pie is set, spread remaining Cool-whip on top and enjoy!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to fall but will miss all the fresh fruit from summer. This pie looks like a pure taste of sunshine! Great picture.

    ReplyDelete

Share some love and comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...