Skimlinks Test 7

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Turkey Rice Soup with Dumplings


You had me at dumplings...

I remember as a child my mom making soup and putting dumplings on top.  I thought it was so neat that you could make bisquits in like 3 minutes on top of soup.  I didn't care about the soup underneath, all I wanted to do was eat the dumplings!

So when I woke up this morning to gray skies and pouring rain, I knew today would be a soup day!  And with leftover turkey staring back at me from the refrigerator, I had to come up with something (because let's face it, we all love turkey on Thanksgiving, but the other 364 days of the year, no thank you).  So Turkey Rice Soup with Dumplings it was!

Dumpling How-to:
2 cups of your favorite bisquit mix (I like Bisquick or Jiffy)
3/4 milk

Mix it up (should be really wet) and once your soup is cooked through, boiling, and you are ready to serve, dollop tablespoon amounts of dough on top of the soup.  Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.  The bisquits will rise to the surface and become puffy, but still appear slightly uncooked/shiny on top.  Sprinkle with pepper and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some love and comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...