Skimlinks Test 7

Saturday, December 4, 2010

I love cookies with jam...

Carousel Cookies
Though I can't take credit for the recipe (not sure where my mom got it from), I love these cookies!  Love might not be a strong enough word...I am blown away by them!!  I make these cookies every year and they would be eaten up in about a day, if I let that happen.

1 cup butter (and real butter makes all the difference)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, seperated
1 tsp real vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans
Preserves-whatever flavors are your favorite

Preheat oven: 375
Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy
Blend in egg yolk, vanilla, and salt.  Add flour; mix well until dough is stiff, but able to be formed into balls.

Beat egg whites until frothy:

Shape dough into teaspoon size balls.
I like to shape all of the dough instead of doing each step individually.  That way nuts and egg whites don't mix into the dough.

After rolling the dough, dip each ball into egg whites and roll in nuts.  Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Indent centers using your thumb::

Fill with preserves and bake 10-12 minutes, or until slightly brown.  They will not get very brown, but the nuts will become toasted.

Enjoy!  I hope they become a favorite in your house as much as they are in mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some love and comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...