Skimlinks Test 7

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Better Than Lawry's Beef Stroganoff

UPDATE: This post has been edited and updated from it's original post in 2012.  The recipe remains the same!


Beef Stroganoff is one of those dishes that warms me up and comforts every corner of my body.  I love the creamy sauce with moist chunks of beef.  It's a complete dish in one which makes dinnertime a snap!!


Growing up, my mom used  Lawry's Beef Stroganoff Seasoning Mix to make her stroganoff and I thought that was the only way to make it.  Once she couldn't find the mix packets anymore, we stopped having the dish.  But then I came across this recipe in, 500 Treasured Country Recipes! I thought it sounded simple, delicious, and similar to what I envisioned was tucked in those little seasoning packets.


My husband's response was, "Holy cow!  I don't think we're going to need those seasoning packets anymore!"  

Win!



yield: 4-6 servingsprint recipe

Beef Stroganoff

prep time: 15 MINScook time: 25 MINStotal time: 40 mins
A delicious, comforting dish perfect for a quick weeknight meal!

INGREDIENTS:


  • 1/2 lb. egg noodles
  • 1 1/4 lbs. stew beef, or top round beef, cut into small chunks
  • 1/4 cup onion, sliced
  • 1 Tbsp. flour
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 8 mushrooms, sliced
  • 3/4 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • paprika and dried parsley, for garnish

INSTRUCTIONS:


  1. In a skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat. As the beef begins to brown, stir in the flour and toss so it coats the beef.
  2. Stir in the garlic, mushrooms, and broth. If sauce seems too thick, add more broth. (I like plenty of sauce for the noodles.) Cover the skillet, set the heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
  3. Boil water and cook noodles until tender. Drain and set aside.
  4. Remove the lid from skillet and stir in sour cream. Let the sauce simmer until it slightly thickens.
  5. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
  6. Stir in the egg noodles and serve. Top each serving with a little paprika and parsley.
Created using The Recipes Generator

I hope you enjoy this dish as much as my family does!

What is your favorite comfort dish?

Thanks for reading!









Follow me on FacebookInstagram & Pinterest!

2 comments:

  1. Hello - so happy to have found your recipe. I used Lawry's seasoning before also. My daughter ask for it for her birthday this month. I just realized it is nowhere to be found. Why did you use chicken broth instead of beef broth? I can't wait to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - so happy to have found your recipe. I used Lawry's seasoning before also. My daughter ask for it for her birthday this month. I just realized it is nowhere to be found. Why did you use chicken broth instead of beef broth? I can't wait to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Share some love and comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...