Skimlinks Test 7

Monday, April 10, 2017

Chocolate Toffee Matzo "Crack"

Though, I am not Jewish, Matzo crackers have always been a staple in my home every Passover/Easter season. There is something about the dry, unsalted cracker that I absolutely love! Though they come in a lightly salted version, my husband thinks I'm nuts because I get the whole-wheat, unsalted version and will snack on them before bedtime. Nommmm...



I must admit, I had never even considered turning the crackers into a dessert until I was scouring Pinterest and came across a similar recipe.  Apparently, Matzo "Crack" is a thing...how did I not know this?!! I've had the version made with graham crackers, but Matzo seems genius to me!


Thin, crisp crackers, coated in caramel toffee and dark chocolate...yes, please!  




print recipe

Chocolate Toffee Matzo Crack

prep time: cook time: total time:
A simply sweet dessert perfect for your family's Passover Seder!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 4-5 matzo crackers (unsalted)
  • 2 sticks butter
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1-12 oz. bag chocolate chips
  • 1/2-1 cup pecans, chopped
  • sea salt, optional

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or lightly greased aluminum foil. Cover baking sheet with matzos, breaking them apart, if necessary.
  2. Combine butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once boiling, continue to cook and stir for about 10-12 minutes or until mixture reaches 305 degrees.
  3. Carefully pour hot sugar mixture over top the crackers, spreading to cover. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and place in over for 2-4 minutes, until chocolate gets shiny and slightly melts. Remove from oven and spread over top. Sprinkle with sea salt and chopped pecans.
Created using The Recipes Generator

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some love and comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...