Skimlinks Test 7

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Healthy Strawberry Muffins

Title image

Hi.  My name is Carol and I am a strawberry addict.

Now, that I have that off my chest, I have to say there is nothing I love more than a good strawberry!  Oozing red juice dripping down my chin was my favorite accessory growing up as a kid.  I can still remember going strawberry picking with my Grammie as a little girl and eating more strawberries than what I actually put into my basket!  Once, I even ate so many I got a rash...seriously!  That was the level my obsession got to, haha!

Two muffins and some strawberries


Of all the recipes I have made with strawberries- Strawberry & Rhubarb jam. Strawberry Shortcake, even Strawberry Chicken Pizza- I have never once thought to make muffins!  It just never crossed my mind, but when I saw a friend post a picture of some she had just made, I knew I needed to try it out!  I mean, I am not one to pass on a good strawberry recipe!!

Close-up of Muffin

As many of you know, I've recently switched to baking with whole wheat flour and unrefined sugars.  Though I love whole wheat flour, it can be a bit dry and hard to enjoy.  Then I found it: White Whole Wheat PASTRY Flour!  It. Has. Changed. My. Life!!  Seriously!  I will never bake again with plain whole wheat flour.  (Okay, that's a bit harsh, but I will be using it less and less!!)  I bought mine from Whole Foods, but you can certainly purchase it here.

The muffins came out light, fluffy, and super moist!  These will not last long in this {recovering} strawberry addicts home!



print recipe

Healthy Strawberry Muffins
Ingredients
  • 1 cup strawberries, diced
  • 1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or AP flour, if you prefer)
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.2. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.3. Combine wet ingredients.4. Add strawberries to the dry ingredients and toss to combine.5. Pour wet ingredients into the dry mixture and gently fold until the flour is combined.6. Line a muffin tin with liners and fill each 2/3 full with batter.7. Bake 20-25 minutes.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 12-15 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some love and comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...