Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Homemade Thin Mints!!


Okay, so these cookies combine three things that I love.  Chocolate, chocolate, and well, chocolate. When I first saw this recipe I thought, "Oh no.  Not another thing to dip into chocolate."  I am one of those people that sees a recipe that involves dipping something into chocolate, gets excited, tries it out, and then immediately regrets it.  First because it involves heating chocolate to an insanely high temperature, getting your fingers covered in the stuff, and then finding and cleaning up chocolate fingerprints the rest of the day.
 

 
While my fingers did get some-what chocolately, it wasn't until afterwards while I was munching on these delightful little treats.  I must say, this couldn't be simpler.  I mean, four ingredients...who doesn't love that?!

 
Do you like how I snuck the oranges into the background of the picture?  Thought it was a bit more visually pleasing.  Hope I didn't throw you off!  Anyway!!  Basically, this recipe makes about one full sleeve of Ritz Crackers.  Wait?  Did I say Ritz?  That is right my friends.  These are made with Ritz crackers and you DON'T EVEN KNOW IT!!  Unfortunately, one sleeve means these won't last long.  I would have made more but I ran out of chocolate chips.  Either way, I will be making more of these since my daughter thinks they are all to be saved for Santa.  If only she knew Santa likes to sneak cookies early...

 
 
Homemade Thin Mints
 
Ritz crackers
1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 tsp. peppermint extract
 
 
Place all ingredients in a microwave-safe container and microwave on High until melted.
Stir until smooth, adding additional oil if necessary to thin out the mixture.
Place Ritz top side down into chocolate, slightly submerge, then flip over using a fork.
Carefully dunk the bottom side of the cracker into the chocolate then lift out using the fork.  Lightly shake the fork back and forth to remove excess chocolate. (If at any point the chocolate starts to thicken, simply re-heat in the microwave!)
Place on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet.  Once sheet is full, place in freezer to harden.  Store in an air-tight container in the freezer.

I'm linking up this week!  Check out these amazing blogs:

www.houseofhepworths.com
http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/giveaway-and-the-humble-brag-link-party-10/

 


1 comment:

Jocie Hagan said...

Hey Carol, As I have said before, these look so yummy! I am kicking myself bc I forgot to buy Ritz crackers at the store today bc I totally want to try these!

Thanks for linking up last week at the Humble Brag. YOU WERE FEATURED!!! Hope you'll come back tomorrow to link up. Also the Silhouette Cameo giveaway ends this weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...