Skimlinks Test 7

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Crispy Kale


Do not be afraid of dark, leafy greens!  I used to think of dark greens (i.e. spinach) as that nasty stuff Popeye squeezed into his mouth from a can.  I don't know anyone who watched that show and seriously thought that that green glob was really going to make them any stronger.  Personally, it made me a bit queasy. 

Anyway, aside from the canned and frozen varieties of greens, (which have already been steamed and pressed into either a can or square shape), I had no idea how to prepare the fresh greens other than raw in salad or steamed.  When we received kale as part of our CSA, I knew I would have to be a bit creative.  I heard about roasting it in the oven and decided to give it a try.  Little did I know, it was going to be so addicting!  I kept popping them in my mouth like they were fresh, hot french fries, or m&m's, or gummy colas. (Replace with whatever is your non-healthy addiction...these are just a few of mine!)

Here's the recipe for a quick and easy way to get those dark, leafy greens into your diet without ever knowing it was good for you!

Crispy Kale: (serves 4)
1/2 lb. fresh kale, leaves removed from the dense stems
olive oil
seasoning salt

Preheat oven to 350. 
Wash the kale and dry thoroughly using a salad spinner. 
Toss with olive oil until lightly coated. 
Place on a foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
Bake for 12-15 minutes until crisp.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with more seasoning salt, if desired.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really. yummy. I'm going to have to try it tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made the Kale Recipe this morning with some seasonsings from Trader Joes! Yummy. Just keep dental floss and a toothbrush on hand!!!! Would not take this out with me for a snack for that reason!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share some love and comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...